Cindy D’Aoust, vice president, shared services & business development, Maxvantage. Beginning April 9, 2012, D’Aoust will take over as chief operating officer, Meeting Professionals International.
1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be? A. On a Greek island with my husband enjoying a simple life of cooking, riding a scooter, and spending time on the water
2. What’s playing on your iPod?Everything from classical piano (George Winston) to classic rock (the Eagles) to pop (Adele)
3. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you want?I would want the power to ensure that every child has a happy, safe childhood. I think this would cure a lot of our societal problems.
4. It’s time for a second career, what do you choose?I would combine my project management skills, desire to, and love of home remodeling into one role. Perhaps I could be a project manager at Habitat for Humanity. It would be even better if my children worked with me.
5. What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year?The biography of Steve Jobs. Although he will have a significant place in history and influenced millions, he wasn’t the most effective leader. Leadership profiles fascinate me.
6. Who inspires you? My late mother. She was truly one-of-a-kind in her ability to multitask, provide sound wisdom, be kind, and have fun. Her shoes are big ones to fill, but I strive to be someone she would be proud of.
7. What is your favorite cause/charity?I have two causes that are equally important to me: helping sick children (Make-A-Wish Foundation) and supporting women who have been abused. My personal goal in 2012 is to volunteer for one of these charities with my teenage daughter.
8. If you could go back in time, what would you change about your life?Spend more time making moments memorable with friends and family and less time “managing” daily life.
9. What is your favorite quote?“Dreams are necessary to life.”—Anais Nin