1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
Lying at the beach listening to the waves!
2. What’s playing on your iPod?
A variety of things, from Gloria Estefan’s “Wepa” to Black’s “Wonderful Life” to the “Glee” cast’s “Loser Like Me”
3. When your life story is made into a movie, who should they cast as you?
4. What’s the best book you read in the past year?
Now You See It: How The Brain Science of Attention Will Transform The Way We Live, Work, and Learn, by Cathy N. Davidson
5. Who inspires you?
My parents, my nephews, Madeline Albright, molecular biologist Dr. John Medina, and Martin Luther King Jr.
6. If you could trade places with anyone (living or from history) for a week, whom would you choose?
Neil Armstrong on July 21, 1969, when he took his first step on the moon
7. What is your favorite cause/charity?
I have two: DFW Cocker Spaniel Rescue and the AIDS Interfaith Network, which helps homeless people living with AIDS/HIV
8. What do you do to stay healthy?
Imagine myself exercising. Ha! I hate to exercise, which is obvious when you see me. Seriously though, I watch what I eat and try to eat more local, organic, seasonal foods and fewer processed ones.
9. How do you strike a balance between work and your personal life?
For me, the balance issue is a myth. My work and my personal life are interwoven. My work is deeply personal and something I enjoy doing. It doesn’t stop at 5 p.m. on weekdays. It’s just part of who I am.
10. What is your greatest strength?
Being able to simultaneously see the big picture as well as the many details it takes to get there.
You Might Also Be Interested In