1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
The Alps in Germany
2. What is your hidden talent?
Baking. I like making cookies, especially oatmeal chocolate chip.
3. What is your favorite cause or charity?
Hospice, which offers great care for terminal patients to help them spend their remaining time with love and dignity. I have seen what they can do when they assisted a friend’s mom who had cancer. I also participate every year in a 5K/10K run to raise money for hospice.
4. What are your top travel tips?
Make copies of all of your identification and credit cards. Keep one copy in your carry-on bag and another copy at your hotel.
5. What’s always in your refrigerator?
Blueberries. They’re high in antioxidants. I eat them with cereal, put them in smoothies, and make blueberry pancakes.
6. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert
7. What is your favorite quotation or piece of advice?
“In the end, the only thing you take with you is what you gave away.”
8. Who inspires you?
Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
9. What do you do to stay healthy?
Daily exercise and eating healthy foods.