The Dallas Convention Center has introduced several new security procedures it hopes will assure the safety and security of its meeting attendees each year in light of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Safety measures include:
- increased security check points
- no unattended curbside parking without a permit and vehicle inspection
- inspection of all storage areas
- enforcement of parking for loading and unloading
- privatte vehicles requiring entry into dock area will be searched and issued a dated and time-stamped parking pass
- semi-lock-down procedures, which involve designated secured entries into the building
Event producers also will now be required to hire two uniformed police officers for the dock area.
"The DCC has never experienced any particular security problems," says Tom Geer, supervisor of security operations for the DCC. "However, because of the elevated concern bout security in the United States, we are taking steps to reassure our visitors that their safety is our top priority."
For more information, go to www.dallascc.com.