The Alliance for Continuing Medical Education (the Alliance) and Merck, Inc. are pleased to announce the second annual Professional Development Fellowships to support innovative educational opportunities for continuing medical education (CME) professionals.
The Alliance recognizes the need to identify and nurture future CME leaders by offering unique educational opportunities. The goal of the Fellowships Program is to provide CME professionals with the skills and resources to develop and enhance their careers and, more fundamentally, to help insure continuous advancement in the CME profession.
Individual plans of study will be tailored to the Fellows’ interests and goals.
Successful applicants will choose from a variety of areas of emphasis from the following core topics:
· Management of the CME Enterprise and Partnering Relationships
· Innovation in Education (design and delivery)
· Translation of Research into Practice
· Impact of Educational Interventions (changes in knowledge, attitudes and performances; evaluation and needs assessment)
· Measurement of Outcomes
· Adult Learning Principles Applied to Physicians as Learners
· Evidence-Based Medical Practice Settings
A variety of learning opportunities will be offered including:
· Distance learning (i.e., web, audio, video, CD-ROM, telecommunications). The Alliance website will host learning opportunities and listservs for Fellows, Preceptors and Mentors.
· Preceptorships at centers of excellence (i.e., universities, medical schools, education and communications companies, specialty societies, integrated health care systems, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, where exemplary/best CME/adult education practices are researched and demonstrated) with experts in those centers. Collaboration and partnership opportunities with CME organizations (i.e., Alliance, , SACME, AHME, etc.).
· Mentorships with experts to assist Fellows in cultivating research and in teaching research skills.
Click here to visit the Alliance for CME site.