Puerto Rico Convention Center On-line Sweepstakes Rules
1. Introduction: The Puerto Rico Convention Center and Penton Business Media, Inc. d/b/a MeetingsNet (“Sponsors”) are offering the online sweepstakes (“Puerto Rico No-Brainer” or “Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be a meeting planner or convention organizer. Employees of the Puerto Rico Convention Center or Penton Business Media, Inc., affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and a resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins on Monday, November 12, 2007 and ends on Monday, March 31, 2007.
4. How to Enter: Visit http://meetingsnet.com/Puerto_Rico_Contest and fill in the required entry information. Individuals may enter this online Sweepstakes by filling out the online Puerto Rico Convention Center trivia only once. Only one entry from any person or e-mail address will be accepted to participate in the online Sweepstakes.
5. Drawing: The online Sweepstakes will have 3 official drawings. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. For each prize, a potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. The drawing will be conducted on or about a month (30 days) after each e-mail blast (total of three e-mails: November 12, 2007, January 7, 2008 and February 11, 2008) sent out on behalf of the Sponsors whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the online sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received . Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or mail on or about two weeks after each drawing date. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
6. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded: A green 8GB Apple iPod Nano. Package includes: iPod Nano, earphones, USB 2.0 cable, dock adapter, and Quick Start guide.
Total Approximate Retail Value of Each Prize : $250.00. Sponsors are not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made. In the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner will be selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsors and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use the winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR(S), THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY ON LINE SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsors and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the online sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the online sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the online sweepstakes. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the online sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winners List: A complete list of prize winners will be available at http://www.prconvention.com/nobrainer the day after the drawing is made.
10.Sponsors: The Sponsors of this online Sweepstakes are the Puerto Rico Convention Center whose address is Edificio Ochoa 500 Tanca Suite 402 San Juan Puerto Rico 00901-1942 and Penton Business Media, Inc., whose address is 249 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011.