Dan Nilsen, President and CEO
Kansas City, Mo.
LEADERSHIP: Dan Nilsen, President and CEO; Michelle McSpadden, CMM, Executive Vice President and COO
AT A GLANCE: Bishop-McCann had a busy year, launching a satellite office in San Francisco, increasing the agency head count by 13, and winning eight new clients. The company also expanded to a full-service agency model, with a suite of services that include meetings, incentive travel, experiential marketing, live events, and creative services. Agency CEO Dan Nilsen received the “NGLCC/Wells Fargo Business Owner of the Year” award from the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
- Corporate meetings in 2010: 188
- Incentive travel programs in 2010: 2
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 69%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 56,656
- % of revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 93%
- Full-time employees: 54
- Top customer markets: telecommunications, pharmaceutical