Selecting sites, working with vendors who might be repeat partners or brand-new contacts, negotiating, driving cost savings—with a long and varied to-do list, planners can always use some productivity and efficiency pointers. Join us for real-world advice, including tips and tool kits that can make your work life easier right now.
Our three meeting pros will share their experience with:
- tactics, trends in negotiations with hotels, favorite contract clauses, and working in an environment that’s tilting toward a supplier’s market
- How long it should take vendors to respond to your RFP or e-RFP
- How to create more efficiencies in document-sharing between vendors and planners
- When to lean on your partners, and how important those relationships are to site selection, including dealing with some hotel chains’ redeployment of their sales forces
- When being green can both save you money and serve your meeting community
- Lawrence Leonard, CMP, Chief Operating Officer, Convention Industry Council
- Mary Beth Nowak, Director for Meeting Management and Travel at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Diane Williams, Director, Meetings and Events, International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
Participation will earn you 1 Clock Hour of education credit toward the CMP certification/recertification application for CMP-IS Domain B: Project Management.