For meeting pros booking programs outside the United States, MeetingsNet’s new global webinar series is a must. Our local experts reveal what it’s really like to do business in another country. Next up: Beijing, the vast ancient capital of China, as rich in historic sites as it is in modern venues. Beijing’s 3,000-year history is marked by a rapid growth in the past 20 years that has made it the nation's political, economic, trade, educational, and cultural center—and a must-book for meetings and incentive travel.
In this free, half-hour webinar, you will learn about:
- Geography, population, and politics
- Safety and security, including health issues and insurance
- Passport and visa requirements
- Choosing local partners
- Airlift and local transport options
- Negotiating with local venues and hotels
- Infrastructure of venues, including technology
- Currency exchange and local taxes
- Tipping, duty, customs
- Cultural protocol
Our moderator is Betsy Bair, editorial director, MeetingsNet; and our presenter is Richard Rheindorf, CMP, Deputy Managing Director China, MCI CHINA | Beijing Office.