Every year meeting planners have an opportunity to participate in a set of unique learning experiences at the Religious Conference Management Association World Conference and Expo. Next month’s conference in Tampa, Fla., January 25–28, gives planners a choice of seven behind-the-scenes experiences:
- Advertising/ agency: Planners learn how to strategically target their audience and to develop a meeting marketing campaign.
- Busch Gardens: learn how this popular theme park handles group business.
- Convention center management and service contracting: Interact and discuss the sales process, , rates, and negotiations, and work with the executive chef at the Tampa Convention Center.
- Convention services and event planning: Understand how group events are created. Discuss room setups, tight turns, and banquet event orders with top professionals at the Tampa Convention Center.
- Food and beverage: Explore the kitchen of a major hotel, learning the different responsibilities of various personnel, including the executive chef, the sous chef, and food purchasing and quality control staff. You’ll help prepare lunch for your group.
- Hotel rooms management: This is your chance to immerse yourself in the daily lives of those who provide front-of-the-house hotel services.
- Production company: You’ll get to produce a video by the end of this session, where participants are assigned roles, such as producer, videographer, and lighting director.