Birmingham, Ala., offers great value in a first-class city that includes a spectrum of exciting meeting and breakout venues, from the new WorkPlay (a cabaret-style theater downtown) to the beautifully landscaped Aldridge Gardens (catered by the Wynfrey Hotel) to the 700-acre Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum and racetrack that will open in January.
- Where We Are 5 miles from Birmingham International Airport (BHM) • served by American, Continental, Delta, Northwest/KLM, Southwest, United, and US Airways
- Where to Stay local hotels have more than 14,000 guest rooms • 14 percent total tax on hotel rooms
- Where to Meet Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex • 220,000 square feet of exhibit space, 74 meeting rooms • also Boutwell Auditorium
- Where to Play golf-friendly weather year-round, premier public golf courses, including Oxmoor Valley (along the state's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail) and Bent Brook, voted best public course in Alabama and Florida Panhandle • Civil Rights District, spotlighted in Diane McWhorter's Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Carry Me Home: Birmingham, Alabama, the Climactic Battle of the Civil Rights Revolution • Birmingham Barons AA baseball, Birmingham Steeldogs arena football
- What's New Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum and racetrack (January opening), vintage motorcycles and cars on display, meeting space incorporated into the design and a professional events coordinator on site
- Weather four seasons, with average temperature 62 degrees Fahrenheit; average rainfall 52 inches; less than 3 inches of snow per year • March the wettest month, October the driest
- Did You Know… Sophisticated and food-savvy Birmingham now offers dozens of remarkable new restaurants in its vibrant and culturally tuned-in food scene.