The new AAA Diamond ratings are out. Some facts about the 2006 list:
- Only 0.26 percent (about one-quarter of one percent) of all rated properties attained the exclusive Five Diamond level, AAA's highest rating.
- Only three properties have kept their Five Diamond ratings for 30 years: The Broadmoor, Boulder, Colo.; The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, W.Va.; and Camelback Inn, Scottsdale, Ariz.
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is the first new Five Diamond in Colorado since The Little Nell was added 15 years ago.
- Florida has more Five Diamond restaurants than any other state (six).
- New York City and Chicago tie for the most Five Diamond restaurants in any city (five each).
- California leads the list with the most Five Diamond lodgings (15) followed by Florida with nine.