1. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be?
One of my favorite places is Florence. The natural beauty surrounding the city, combined with incredible culture, art, and unparallel jewelry design, make it awesome.
2. What's playing on your iPod?
A very eclectic mix—everything from Shakira’s “She Wolf” to anything ever by U2, a bit of Macy Gray, The Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys, and maybe even the new soundtrack for “Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.” You never know.
3. If you could be a superhero, what super power would you want?
The power to heal. I am deeply moved by personal suffering and always want to make it better. Since this isn’t likely to happen anytime soon, I use prayer to try and make the difference.
4. It's time for a second career, what do you choose?
It’s hard for me to imagine leaving this incredible industry and there is so much left that I want to accomplish. But my secret desire is to be a storm chaser. I’m fascinated with weather and especially tornadoes. You’d think the meetings industry would have provided enough of an adrenaline rush for me this past year though, wouldn’t you?
5. What's your hidden talent?
Interior design. A lot of family and friends consult with me when they want to redecorate. My tastes are bold, colorful, and contemporary, though, and not for everyone.
6. If you could trade places with anyone (living or from history) for a week, who would you choose?
Joe Namath—the greatest quarterback ever. I love sports, especially football, and to be able to experience being that talented and accomplished would be amazing.
7. What is your favorite cause/charity?
I have quite a few, though ChildFund and the American Cancer Society are very special to me.
8. How do you strike a balance between work and your personal life?
What works best for me is accepting that there is no balance—at least not at any particular time. As long as you are feeding your soul and taking care of your body, you can accept that balance achieved overall is the goal. The focus will move back and forth: At any particular time, one will be winning out over the other, and that’s okay as long as you swing back.
9. What is your greatest strength?
The ability to see people’s talents and match them to the right mission. Also, being able to develop talent for the future.