The Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Profession’s outgoing Executive Director Paul Weber has seen the organization go through the same changes as the industry it serves over the past few years. He says shifts since he joined the Alliance in 2007 include
• from an educational focus on compliance and grants to one centered on performance improvement,
• from no online communication strategy to being active on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and providing its own online community,
• from being CME-centric to including all who provide continuing education to those in the healthcare professions,
• from an outdated information-management system to state-of-the-art front- and back-end Web and association management systems; monthly webinars, and a virtual journal club, and
• from having no advocacy program to taking public positions on important issues.
Weber says, "We’re modeling what we say we want for those who work in the continuing professional education field.”