Tony Wagner, Vice President
|CWT Meetings & Events 2013 Global Forecast|
|Looking to leverage transient and M&E? Start with hotels|
|A Smart Approach to SMMP|
CWT Meetings & Events
LEADERSHIP: Tony Wagner, vice president, CWT Meetings & Events, Americas; Håkan Ericsson, president, Americas
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: pharmaceutical, computers/electronics
AT A GLANCE: Among the highlights of the year for CWT Meetings & Events, a division of Paris-based Carlson Wagonlit Travel, were the opening of an office in Indianapolis and the addition of industry veteran Mary MacGregor to the staff. MacGregor, past president of Site, is senior director of business development. The company’s new CWT Meeting Optimizer tool, launched in April, allows users to compare meeting destinations by entering data on the number of participants, their locations, and the meeting dates. The tool considers hotel and travel prices and generates a list of cost-effective options.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- in 2011: 1,900 (North America)
- (North America) travel programs in 2011: 101
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 13%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 175,744
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and incentives: 42%
- Full-time employees: 235 (in the U.S.
BACK TO THE 2012 CMI 25 LIST