What Makes the Perfect Meeting Room? A new online survey done by the 3M Meeting Network Web site asked visitors what qualities they prefer in a meeting room. Here are the top six:
* 1. Comfortable furniture that can be easily reconfigured
* 2. Windows that provide natural light and an attractive view
* 3. State-of-the-art audio/video equipment with readily available connections
* 4. Temperature controls, and lighting controls with dimmers
* 5. High-speed data and/or LAN connections
* 6. A quiet room, free from anydistractions.
Also ranking high on the list were lots of space on the walls for dry-erase writing and hanging flip charts, a well-stocked refrigerator, convenient power outlets, and remote conferencing technologies.
For more information, visit the 3M Meeting Network site at www.3m. com/meetingnetwork.
The inaugural meeting of the KSLAdvisory Board brought together a group of incentive house representatives with executives from the KSL Resorts Group for a three-day exchange of ideas. The program was held in October at the Grand Wailea Resort in Maui, on the heels of KSL's Second Annual Insurance Advisory Board Meeting. "The insurance and incentive markets are major components of our success," says Jean Schulte, director of incentive sales for KSL. The goal for the incentive board meeting, she explains, was "to bring them all in, reintroduce the Grand Wailea, ask for their input, and gain their buy-in and partnership." KSL owns and operates six golf resorts: La Quinta (Calif.) Resort & Club, Doral Golf Resort (Miami), Lake Lanier Islands (Ga.) Resort, Grand Traverse Resort (Acme, Mich.), Claremont Resort (Berkeley, Calif.), and Maui's Grand Wailea.