- What's the best book you read in the past year?
Memorial Day by Vince Flynn — a real page-turner. If you like the TV show “24,” pick up a Vince Flynn book, and you will be hooked.
- It's time for a second career — what do you choose?
Medicine. Helping people help themselves has always appealed to me. Additionally, as a medic in the military, I just loved giving shots.
- When your life story is made into a movie, who should they cast as you?
Sean Connery. Not that he is like me. It is just that I have not seen him in a movie of late, so I figure he could use the money.
- What's your hidden talent?
Focused determination. This is particularly evident in my work ethic as well as my favorite sport: swimming. I am an avid swimmer on a Master's swim team — and love it!
- If you could be a superhero, what super power would you want?
To fly. It would be a blast to fly to and from Dallas (where MPI headquarters are located) without having to wait for a plane.
Mark S. Andrew, CMP, CHA, is chairman of the International Board of Directors of Meeting Professionals International. He is president of Andrew Hospitality Inc., Vancouver, B.C.