* The Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver has installed 17 "Global Office Cyber Rooms" equipped for videoconferencing, with PCs, video cameras, and supporting software. These services run $30 per day and include a 24-hour, toll-free support line. Call (800) 327-8585.
* SalesDoctors, a weekly online sales magazine, recently launched "Private Label Editions," which customizes editions of the magazine for companies' Web sites. Each Private Label Edition includes short sales-related articles on topics such as motivation and time management, plus a longer feature article that is tailored to the company. SalesDoctors delivers the customized newsletter electronically to the company's sales force. Check out www.salesdoctors.com/misc/private.htm.
* HQ Business Centers' expanded public videoconferencing network, HQ VideoAccess, is now available in 60 of the company's office locations, including centers in London, Paris, and Hong Kong--with connections to some 300 cities worldwide. See www.hqnet.com.
* With Coolfire Interactive's "customized online conference centers," people can attend meetings virtually. Modeled after an actual conference, these sites offer everything from check-in at the registration desk to communications with other attendees and speakers via chat rooms. Contact Carl Zatz at (212) 463-0303.
* Hyatt Hotels Corp. is installing all-in-one printer/copier/fax machines in 5,200 rooms in 90 Hyatt business hotels in the U.S. and Canada. This will double the number of Hyatt rooms with fax machines. Machines will be installed in all Business Plan rooms (available for a $20 upgrade), as well as in select Regency Club (concierge-level) rooms and suites, by the end of the year.
* MobileStar's new wireless Internet access is now available at 200 hotels, 51 airports, and other corporate travel hot spots that have MobileStar Access Points installed. Data transfer using the MobileStar network is up to 50 times faster than with a modem and phone lines. Users pay about $395 to subscribe, which gets them the required software. MobileStar estimates the average monthly bill will be around $50. See www.mobilestar.com.