Thanks to a certain gap-toothed late night talk show host, if any question is now considered worth asking, it's considered worth answering 10 times.
Along those lines, Minneapolis-based BI Performance Services, the training and motivation firm, asked the attendees at a recent meeting of the American Society for Training and Development about their top ten reasons for training. The attendees, who represented firms with between 1,000 and 5,000 employees, were permitted multiple responses.
Their answers, in Letterman-esque reverse order:
* 10. Employee suggestions (10 %)
* 9. Innovation (20%)
* 8. Certification (36%)
* 7. Measurement (38%)
* 6. Customer loyalty (40%)
* 5. Employee loyalty (40%)
* 4. Process improvement (48%)
* 3. Corporate culture/values (48%)
* 2. Quality (56%)
* 1. Employee retention (56%)