Need 500 maps of a city to hand out to attendees? A video to promote your next icentive destination at the upcoming sales meeting? You can get these and may other promotional items free--just by calling the CVB.
Among the many services CVBs provide:
* Up-to-date information on hotels, resorts, restaurants, meeting facilities, and local attractions in the form of brochures, meeting planner guides, or CD-ROMs
* Group familiarization tours
* Site inspection arrangements
* Rate and contact information for local properties
* Transportation information
* City maps
* Calendar of events
* Local supplier contacts
* Itinerary assistance
* Coordination of spouse programs
* Promotional materials about the destination such as photography, brochures and videos.
Per diems* for attendees in the five most-/least-expensive cities MOST-EXPENSIVE 1. New York - $420.27/day
2. Washington, D.C. - $324.63/day
3. Chicago - $323.28/day
4. Boston - $314.32/day
5. Dallas - $307.19/day
LEAST-EXPENSIVE 1. Bakersfield, Calif. - $167.41/day
2. Fresno, Calif - $167.40/day
3. Jackson, Miss - $163.97/day
4. Springfield, Mo - $156.07/day
5. Biloxi, Miss. - $151.94/day
* the cost of a hotel, meals, and car rental
SOURCE: 1998 Corporate Travel Index, conducted by the Rochester Institute of Technology and Business Travel News.
New York was ranked as the most-expensive city in 1997 and continues to be in 1998, while Dallas stood at number 13 last year with a per diem of $246.67. This year's national average was $217.05, a six percent increase over 1997.