Consider this your Scotland incentive catalog: Since 1992, a select collection of properties, a luxury train, and a cruise ship have marketed themselves together as Connoisseurs Scotland. Representatives of the group toured the eastern U.S. recently, distributing the new Connoisseurs Scotland CD-ROM. Call 44-0-131-220-2729 or visit www.conoisseursscotland.com.
Members of the consortium: * Turnberry Hotel
* One Devonshire Gardens
* The Old Course Hotel
* The Gleneagles Hotel
* The Crinan Hotel
* Inverlochy Castle
* The Sheraton Grand Edinburgh
* The Royal Scotsman train
* The MV Hebridean Princess
Partners include the four-year-old, state-of-the-art Edinburgh International Conference Center and British Airways.
* The number of households owning any type of life insurance rose from 71,622 in 1986 to 79,769 in 1996, according to a study by SRI Consulting. However, the percentage of households owning life insurance fell over the same period from 77 percent to 73 percent.
* The General Agents and Managers International association for the first time welcomed attendees from mutual fund companies to its annual meeting.
* The National Association of Professional Insurance Agents Annual Convention is set for August 6 to 9, at the Adams Mark, Denver. (703) 836-9340
* The Life Communicators Association Annual Meeting is set for September 22 to 25 at the Fairmont Hotel, New Orleans. (317) 873-5916
* The National Association of Life Underwriters holds its annual conference September 25 to 29 at Opryland Hotel in Nashville. (202) 331-6000
* Women in Insurance and Financial Services holds its annual conference October 15 to 17 on The Queen Mary in Long Beach, Calif. (614) 882-6934
* The Life InsuranceResearch Association Annual Meeting takes place October 25 to 27 at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Fla. (860) 298-3959