Questions every planner should ask:
- Is your hotel SafePlace Accredited?
- Are criminal background checks performed for all members of your staff, including housekeeping and catering personnel?
- Does the number and qualification of your weekend and evening management staff differ from your weekday staff?
- Will a manager be onsite at all times throughout my meeting? May I have their name and phone number?
- Is your management adeptly trained to deal with emergencies: i.e., bomb threats, natural disasters, fire, medical, etc.?
- May I review your written emergency management/safety information plans?
- What security and emergency management training have you provided your staff in the past year? Do you conduct regular drills? Is your staff evaluated regularly regarding these measures?
- Is your facility compliant with national food service codes and standards?
- May I review your written housekeeping work practices?
- In the event of an incident will my client and I be promptly notified? By what means?
- Does the facility comply with the national fire code, ensuring safe building evacuation?
- In the event of a "lockdown" situation (catastrophic weather or other situation) does the hotel provide an area of refuge stocked with food and water for guests?
Source: The SafePlace Web site