Peggy Whitman, the newly elected president of the Society of& Travel Executives (SITE), says her goals for 2002 are to direct the organization's focus toward chapter development and the establishment of a strong educational delivery system.
Whitman, western regional sales manager for Marriott Incentive Awards and a 22-year hospitality- and incentive-industry veteran, begins her one-year term as SITE president Jan. 1.
In outlining her goals for the year, Whitman said, "By directing our energies to [chapter development], we hope to increase volunteerism among our membership group while also identifying future leaders for the Society. Nearly three-quarters of the Society's membership is currently served by the presence of a local SITE chapter.
"On the international level, we have made significant investments over the last two years to improve the quality and caliber of the educational product we deliver," she said. "In 2002, we will be focusing our attention to the chapter level to assist them in providing consistent products to their constituents. Many people may only be able to participate at the chapter level within SITE, and we want to ensure that the SITE 'brand' is equated with the highest-level education."
SITE also announced the 2002 leadership team that will serve with Whitman:
- Bill Vastine, executive vice president, Galactic Incentives, Arlington, Texas, will serve as 2002 president-elect.
- Roger Tondeur, c.e.o., MCI Group, Geneva, Switzerland, will fill the newly created position of vice presdent, industry relations.
- Ann d'Eon, president, ADI Meetings & Incentives, Tempe, Ariz., is the new vice president, member relations.
- Member at Large Vincent Hailey, manager of incentive sales, United Airlines, Chicago, will oversee SITE's Crystal Awards program.
- Bob Guy, managing director, Pacific World-Singapore, was re-elected to the post of vice president, finance.
Carolyn Dow, the outgoing president, will oversee the Society's nominating committee while also supporting new initiatives in the European community in 2002.