ALTOUR International Inc.
LEADERSHIP: Alexandre Chemla, owner; Barry Noskeau, executive vice president and COO
TOP CUSTOMER MARKETS: insurance/financial services, food industry, healthcare
AT A GLANCE: While ALTOUR makes the vast majority of its revenue from booking individual and business travel, the company’s meetings and events division, led by president Mary Sue Leathers, continues to thrive, seeing a 5 percent increase in the number of meetings and incentives planned in 2012 over 2011. The company is now working with Cvent in an effort to move more aggressively into the strategic meetings management area and reports recently winning the business of a large insurance company.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Corporate meetings in 2012: 193
- Incentive travel programs in 2012: 38
- Meeting and incentive travel programs held outside the U.S.: 10%
- Room nights booked for meetings and incentives: 55,000
- Revenue from planning and executing meetings and
- Full-time employees: More than1,280